With so many amazing give-back chances and a ton of giving opportunities throughout the city, we want to make sure you know where to go on Guelph Gives Day (Tuesday, December 1st) so that you can be part of the giving back!
1. Visit A Charity– We have around 40 charities participating this year and nearly 25 of those will be set up displaying around the city. If you are around, please go a visit these locations and support the charities located there:
Stone Rd. Mall
Quebec St. Mall
Meridian Banks (Clair and Gordon, Downtown and Stone Rd. Branches)
City Hall (during our Jubilation Event)
Guelph Public Library- Downtown Branch
2. Come Fill the Bus–Supported by Guelph Transit, we will have a City Bus located at the Zehrs location on Paisley and Imperial from 10:00am-4:00pm. If you have shopping to do, come to Zehrs and buy a few extra items that will go towards filling the bus!
3. Celebrate With Us- Our Guelph Gives Jubilation is happening at City Hall from 5:00pm-7:00pm. Come visit a charity, enjoy a warm drink or some food, listen to great music, play a game and celebrate giving! Bring a warm outdoor clothing item and the Salvation Army will make sure it gets given to a great home! Come and join us! Click here for more information.
4. Give to a Pig– Watch out for Red Piggy Banks as you go through your day. Over 30 locations throughout the city will have a Red Pig that you can give to. All fund go to support United Way and the work they are doing in this community.
5. Support a Local Give-Back– We are so lucky to partner with some amazing local businesses who are support Guelph Gives with public give-backs that you can be a part of:
Eat at any of the Neighbourhood Groups Fabulous Restaurants (The Woolwich Arms, Borealis Bar & Grill & Miijidaa)– They will be announcing their fundraising total for the Grand River Conservation Foundation, will be giving their patrons a coupon and will have our Guelph Gives cards to help spark your give back ideas.
Wild Rose Guelph–Shop at Wild Rose and a portion of the proceeds will go to Women in Crisis
Smitten Apparel– Smitten will be donating a part of their proceeds to an Adopt a Senior Program.
Liberty Staff Services– Drop by Liberty Staff Services and bring a non-perishable food item as they support the Food Banks efforts.
Meridian Bank (Downtown Branch)- Bring a warm pair of socks that you can hang on their Christmas. All products will be going to help people in need in this community.
Living Yoga– Drop by Living Yoga and deliver a brand new package of Toilet Paper or Peanut Butter. They are both such needed items, but they often get overlooked when people make donations to food agencies.
Sweet Temptations Cupcakes— Buy a delicious cupcake and support work happening in the community. Its a win-win!
Atmosphere Cafe–If you are downtown and in need of a warm beverage, buy a coffee from Atmosphere (Carden St.). They are going to be giving coffee proceeds, plus a matching donation, to their charity of choice.