After months of preparation, GivingTuesday has arrived and we’re celebrating with GuelphGives! We want to make things as simple as possible so that everyone can get involved and give back today in your own way. Here at 5 things you can do today to help show Canada that Guelph is it’s most generous city!
- Visit the Giving Fair at Quebec St. Mall from 10am-6pm to learn about some of the great local causes here in Guelph. There’s also a free skate being offered at the Sleeman Centre from 1-2pm, so bring your family, work team or friends by for a skate and visit the Giving Fair!
- Come play Charity Plinko at Stone Rd. Mall from 10am-2pm and support great Guelph nonprofit organizations with a toonie.
- Check out all the stores and businesses taking part in GuelphGives at guelphgives.ca and shop to help their giveback. Hint: Borealis Grille, Buffalo Wild Wing, Sweet Temptations and Wellington Cakes!
- Support your favourite organization with a gift, some volunteer time, or help them build awareness about their work. Check out the GuelphGives partners and make your gift here: http://www.guelphgives.ca/whos-involved/
- Take an “unselfie” photo of you doing something good and post it on Twitter, Facebook or Instagram with the hashtags #GuelphGives and #GivingTuesdayCA
- Come out to the GuelphGave finale event at Red Papaya in Old Quebec Street Mall beginning at 6:30 tonight. It’s a great mash-up of social good, including Goodworking and The Elevator Project Round 2 Launch. Register here.
- Please, this is VERY important, REPORT IN your results to us at www.guelphgives.ca. Scroll down the homepage and you’ll see the reporting form on the left-hand side. We NEED this information to calculate our totals for dollars raised, volunteer hours contributed and other giving metrics so that we can assess whether we can in fact claim the title of Canada’s most generous city! Nonprofits, businesses, individuals, families and groups please report in what you do today and leave us a GuelphGives message as well with your stories so we can share them on social media!
There you have it, Guelphites! Let’s get giving! 1 City. 1 Day. $1 Million. Can we do it?
The GuelphGives Team